Friday, November 9, 2012

True friends are best advisers

Think of the other things that you went through, how they affected your life, have you ever given up then?
My friend used to say “uThixo akanokunika umthwalo ongenakuwunyamezela” meaning that God can never give us more than we can handle. Every time I found myself in a difficult situation  She would just look at me without any pity and say “you are not the only person who has suffered, it’s up to you whether you want to get up and pull yourself o just lie there and feel pity for yourself” . Every time she uttered those words I felt angry, hurt and confused. I hated her for not comforting me but because of the hatred I felt for her, I also felt an urge that I wanted to show her that I can pull myself together without any help from anyone.

Now we are both older and wiser and I knew that she really meant well, she was teaching me not to rely on anyone but to be a woman who can take charge of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment