Tuesday, March 13, 2012

We are afraid of the wrong things






Sometimes the thing we fear the most are simple things that we should not be afraid of.

I remember in my first year i had to do a speech in front of all public relations management students, that was the scariest moment of my life. Everyday i would practice my speech and would think of the crowd and shake. When the presentation day came, i tried to fake a headache, a stomach bug and I even wished that i could have an accident so that I would miss my presentation but I knew there was no turning back I had to face my fears and raise my voice in a room full of students and guess what, i managed to say all the right words and felt so proud of myself.

After the presentation i thought to myself what if I got an accident that day, which one would be more scarier, the accident or the speech? from that day i knew that sometimes we fear the unknown because we do not believe in ourselves and we get afraid of all the wrong things that could actually bring out the best in us.




[image from Wikipedia.org]

No comments:

Post a Comment